Apply for the Vacancy for Academic Advisor at Talladega College in the US. The category of the position is Academic Advising.
Work with faculty and staff from relevant offices on continuous improvement and provision of support mechanisms for providing exceptional customer service on advising students. This includes:
- Traditional undergraduates as well as transfers
- At-Risk students
- Adult learners, first-generation, Fast Track, graduate students
- International students
- Coordinate with the Student Success Center, Admissions, the Education Department Faculty on Orientation Courses, Career Pathways Initiative, Fast Track, Alumni, and the Registrar in supporting the registration and Orientation process for beginning or first-year students.
- Also, assist the Director of QEP in the successful implementation and monitoring of the success of the advising process at Talladega College.
- Additionally, work collaboratively with Student Success Center (SSC), Orientation faculty, Student Affairs, Information Technology, Deans, Chairs, faculty, and staff on the operation of Advisement processes at the College.
- Likewise, lead the Advisement process for its smooth operation, efficiency, and effectiveness, for increasing student retention and graduation.
- Also, tracking and monitoring At-risk students’ progression in meeting requirements of their degree until graduation.
- Furthermore, coordinate the administration of assessment tools and collection of the Academic Challenge Form amongst other metrics to demonstrate performance and submitted to Director of QEP.
- Collaborate with Admissions Office, Registrar, and other relevant faculty and committees to develop advising outcomes and assessment.
- Furthermore, develop and oversee training for academic advising in collaboration with SSC, Career Pathway, Alumni Office in chosen Alumni Mentors, and the application of Technology for Advising process.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Academic Advisor
- Master’s Degree from a regional accreditation institution.
- Additionally, a minimum of four (4) year related experience and a bachelor’s degree.
- Also, the individual must possess good organizational skills.
- Moreover, the incumbent must be a good team player and work collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Likewise, he/she must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and exercise good judgments.
- Also, he/she will provide courteous service to diverse students and the College community.
- Also, the candidate must be able to take direction, proactive, take action, and work as a team.
- Similarly, seek, identify, and implement best practices on advisement according to NACADA and attending its annual conference.
Talladega College is a private, liberal art, historically black college in Talladega, Alabama. It is Alabama’s oldest private historically black college and offers 17-degree programs. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.