Apply for the Vacancy for Academic Advisor at the University of Arizona. The category of the position is Academic Advising.
The academic advisor will support undergraduate students in the pre-major, major, and minors in computer science. Additionally, the academic advisor is a critical member of the Academic Services Office which provides service and support to over 1500 undergraduates (and growing!), 100 graduate students, and 29 faculty members. Academic Services staff strive to uphold the highest professional standards and are dedicated to working in the best interest of the students.
Duties & Responsibilities
Student advising and advising related tasks:
- Assesses individual students’ stage of development (academic and career) and promotes their growth by determining suitable developmental tasks
- Also, evaluates use of transfer credit and determines whether or not degree requirements have been met
- Similarly, supports students in establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals
- Assists undergraduate students in determining educational plans, choosing courses, and exploring majors, minors, and career options
- Furthermore, identifies educational and career options appropriate for each student and assists student with evaluating each option, including possible outcomes and their implications
- Counsels students on options to satisfy degree requirements
- Monitors students’ academic progress, determines satisfactory progress toward degree, and assists students in developing a plan for completion of the program requirements
- Also, identifies current and potential needs or problem areas (e.g., study skills, tutoring, course offerings, workshops)
- Advises students with academic difficulty on development of an academic action plan, and refers students to appropriate campus resources for assistance as needed
- Likewise, using University systems, maintains student files and records and advisors notes
Qualifications for Vacancy for Academic Advisor
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of academic advising experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
Master’s degree and 5 years of academic advising experience. Also, previous experience with student development, activities, and engagement. Furthermore, proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software programs and applications and student management databases like PeopleSoft/UAccess.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.