There is an announcement for the Vacancy for Accountant in the USA at Los Rios Community College District. The category of the position is Business and Financial Services.
- Under the direction of the assigned supervisor/manager, the Accountant must perform complex technical and analytical accounting, budgeting, and other financial or statistical activities within a department of the business services administration.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Adapts accounting and recordkeeping functions using budgeting, cost, general, property, and tax accounting computerized systems.
- Also, he/she analyzes records of financial transactions to determine the accuracy and completeness of entries and makes additions and corrections.
- Moreover, Establishes budget numbers and assigns them to transactions.
- Provides technical assistance in the analysis of accounting and other fiscally related issues.
- Performs accounting duties in the overall establishment, maintenance, and control of accounts, cash, and funds of the District, including management of vault activity.
- Additionally, he/she assists in department’s organization and workflow.
- Also, Processes the collection of returned checks including maintenance of student records.
- Reviews transactions for compliance with District procedures, federal, state and local laws, policies and regulations.
- Similarly, Prepares financial reports and analysis for accounting, budget, payroll, and personnel matters including reporting for programs with restricted funds.
- Performs the annual closing and reopening of the District’s campus-based accounts.
- Additionally, Audits contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate transactions prior to settlement.
- Furthermore, Serves as a resource for Account Clerks and other staff.
The Candidate must have the following qualifications for the Vacancy for an Accountant in the USA
- Two years of experience related to the duties of the position.
- Also, completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business with a concentration in accounting, or a related field. Or, a bachelor’s degree in any discipline AND one additional year of qualifying experience. Or, satisfactory completion of 60-semester units of course work AND two additional years of qualifying experience.
- Also, he/she must have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
- Furthermore, one year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. The University will convert the Applicable part-time experience to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience.
About the University
- The Los Rios Community College District is a special district providing administrative services and governance for the community colleges serving the greater Sacramento area and points east all the way to Lake Tahoe.
- Moreover, the college is run by CEO/chancellor Brian King of Folsom, California.
Visit the official website for further details about the position.
Also, visit oyaop for more job opportunities.