Apply for the Vacancy for Accounting Generalist at George Mason University. The category of the position is Business and Financial Services.
The Accounting Generalist – Cash provides financial support to the accounting department within the Foundation. Also, the person must be independent, self-motivated, and able to work independently. The position reconciles cash, manages the cash flow, and provides support for the external audit and various other projects.
- Completes daily cash reporting and monthly reconciliation of multiple cash accounts;
- Additionally, processes cash receipt batches and imports of gift batches, including iModules and fee utilities
- Likewise, completes monthly reconciliation of pledge activity to ensure consistency between Advance and MIP
- Also, processes outgoing wires, review OFAC documentation for international wires, and perform quarterly OFAC review on donations;
- Furthermore, financial Audit Participation and Special Assignments as requested by the Controller and Assistant Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field or an equivalent combination of college education and work experience;
- Also, 1-3 years of general accounting experience.
- Additionally, the ability to utilize accounting databases and fundraising databases in completion of tasks;
- Good decision making and excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Moreover, the candidate must be able to manage overlapping tasks;
- Previous work experience in a financial environment
- Knowledge of Abila MIP or Ellucian Advance is a plus;
- Likewise, familiarity with a university foundation is helpful;
- Also, knowledge of financial reconciliations and familiarity with investment activity is beneficial.
George Mason University is a public research university located in Fairfax County near Fairfax City in Virginia. George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Additionally, Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.