Apply for the Vacancy for Area Director at Minnesota State University Moorhead. The category of the position is Residence Life and Housing.
- Full time, the live-in position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a residence hall complex housing approximately 400-700 residents.
- Also, responsible for creating a residence hall community focused on community development, academic success, and learning.
- Provide leadership for staff supervision and programmatic efforts for residential learning communities in assigned residence hall community
- Similarly, select, train, and supervise one graduate assistant and student staff members including Resident Assistants, Learning Community Peer Mentors, and Office Assistants.
- Also, this position is responsible for student engagement, program development and implementation, leadership development, student outreach, and advocacy, crisis response and management, and hall desk operations.
- Also, participation in a weekly on-call duty rotation with other members of the graduate and professional staff.
- Furthermore, participation in various department and university committees and initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, College Student Personnel Administration, Education Administration, Counseling, or related field.
- Experience in residence hall supervision and management or similar experience.
- Also, in staff selection, supervision, and training.
- Additionally, having conversations with students in a variety of manners including student conduct, academic success, personal well-being, conflict resolution, and mediation.
- Likewise, creating programs and initiatives based on learning outcomes.
- Experience fostering student leadership development and advising student organizations or related experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Also, commitment and ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with living-learning communities and other retention initiatives.
- Also, conducting assessment and evaluation in residence life capacities.
- Likewise, supervising graduate students.
- Additionally, working with a residential curriculum model.
This position will require the successful completion of a criminal background check prior to the date of hire.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.