Apply for the Vacancy for Assistant Director at Auburn University in the USA. The category of the position is
- Financial Aid
- Admissions and Enrollment
- Career Development and Services
Reporting to the Director of the Honors College, the Assistant Director of Honors Programming oversees all aspects of the Honors College programming that is outlined in the unit strategic plan.
- Oversees all aspects of professional development and career networking programming for the unit with the assistance of the Coordinator of Scholarships, Research, and Professional Development.
- Also, the planning, implementation, and campus coordination of an undergraduate recruiting strategy, including underrepresented groups with the assistance of the Coordinator of Recruiting.
- Similarly, all aspects of recruiting, mentoring, and assisting Auburn University students with applications for scholarships, grants, awards, internships, and research opportunities, including, but not limited to, nationally competitive scholarships and awards with the assistance of the Coordinator of Scholarships, Research, and Professional Development.
- Oversees the domestic and international study and travel programming for the unit, collaborating with the Media and Communications department to develop and distribute related promotional materials.
- Likewise, all aspects of unit outreach efforts and programming with the assistance of the Coordinator of Student Affairs and Outreach Programs.
- Additionally, all aspects of all student affairs programming including residential life and service-learning programming for the unit with the assistance of the Coordinator of Student Affairs and Outreach Programs and other appropriate staff members.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit; recommends, implements, and coordinates methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to unit.
- Represents the unit on campus committees or at events related to areas of responsibility, and participates in unit-level committee work, as assigned by Director.
- Teaches honors and HONR courses and performs other duties, as assigned.
Education Level: Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
No specific discipline
Years of Experience: 4
Area of Experience
Student affairs programming at the college level
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and presentation.
- Additionally, knowledge of principles, practices, and ethics of student affairs programming.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Also, maturity and ability to interact with students in a confidential environment.
- Also, appreciation for various perspectives, identities, backgrounds, ages, and educational goals of current undergraduate students.
- Furthermore, comfort speaking to large groups. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Additionally, the ability to effectively manage a variety of student affairs-related programming across a wide range of unit and student needs.
About the University
Auburn University is a public research and land-grant university in Auburn, Alabama. Additionally, with more than 24,600 undergraduate students and a total enrollment of more than 30,000 with 1,330 faculty members, Auburn is the second-largest university in Alabama. Furthermore, it is one of the state’s two public flagship universities.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.