Apply for the Vacancy for Assistant Director at Manhattanville College. The category of the position is Other Administrative Positions.
Job Title: Assistant Director of Musical Theatre
Assistant Director of Quintessentials Fall/Spring
- Collaborates with the Director to:
- Audition and cast the group
- Select Repertoire
- Teach music and choreography
- Attends all rehearsals, playing as needed
- Attends performances to assist in organizing the venue and provide performance evaluation
- In the event of virtual performances as mandated by the COVID-19 pandemic, would assist the director in providing accompaniment tracks and assist the director and students in audio and video editing of content for virtual performance.
Assistant Director/Assistant Musical Director Performance Projects (MUA.4475) Fall/Spring
- Attend all auditions and rehearsals
- Also, collaborate with the Director on casting, staging and assist in the teaching of music
- Likewise, collaborate with the Director in keyboard programming, vocal arranging and instrumental arranging
- Additionally, play for rehearsals as needed
- Also, run second rehearsals as needed (staging or music
- Furthermore, match rehearsals, take notes and discuss with cast/crew/ director/choreographer
- Also, play in the pit orchestra for the performance
Additional Requirements for Vacancy for Assistant Director
Assistant Director Cabaret Class (MUA.4071)Fall/Spring
- Collaborate with Director on the choice of featured songwriter for each semester, and with Director and students in selection and learning of songs
- Additionally, assist with arrangements of individual songs and group opening and closing numbers
- Also, play for rehearsals and performances as needed
- Similarly, video final performance for viewing and discussion at final Wrap (last week of classes).
- Furthermore, in the event of virtual performances as mandated by the COVID-19 pandemic, would assist the director in providing accompaniment tracks and assist the director and students in audio and video editing of content for virtual performance.
Email: [email protected]
Manhattanville College is a private liberal arts college offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in Purchase, New York. Founded in 1841 at 412 Houston Street in lower Manhattan, it was known initially as “Academy of the Sacred Heart”, then later as “Manhattanville College” after 1847.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.