Apply for the Vacancy for Associate at the State University of New Jersey. The category of the position is
- Science – Chemistry
- Faculty – Science – Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
The Department of Marine & Coastal Sciences, in collaboration with PIs in various other departments, is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate. The Postdoctoral Associate will conduct specialized research on a collaborative project on the origin, evolution, and construction of proteins that transfer electrons (i.e. oxidoreductases).
- Computer simulations of protein structure and computational protein design of small peptides and proteins.
- Also, synthesizes and characterized peptide and protein designs.
- Structural and functional characterization of designs.
- Likewise, the incumbent rains and mentors undergraduates in scientific research projects.
- Participates in scientific meetings within the NASA Astrobiology Institute and national and international scientific meetings.
- Furthermore, he/she coordinates multi-investigator and multi-institution collaborative interactions with regard to the project.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state, and Rutgers’ regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Likewise, understands and adheres to Rutgers’ compliance standards, SEBS’s Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Also, performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
The University will consider candidates who meet requirements with “All But Degree” (ABD), but they must have a Ph.D. on or before the actual date of hire (no exceptions).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must have completed a doctoral (Ph.D.) level program in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field. Ph.D.
- The candidates are expected to be proficient in spoken and written English. Prior experience with EPR and NMR spectroscopies strongly preferred. Previous mentoring experience is desirable.
- Candidates must have demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas: bioinorganic chemistry, structural biology, microbial genomics, biogeochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular evolution, and synthetic organic chemistry.
Interested candidates can visit the official website for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for job opportunities that best suit you.