Apply for the Vacancy for Associate Director at Rochester University of Technology. The category of the position is Facilities Management.
The Associate Director for Campus Life – Building Operations is responsible for formulating the vision, and strategic plan for the Center for Campus Life operated facilities, including the Campus Center, Student Alumni Union, and Schmitt Interfaith Center. The Associate Director coordinates forecasting and planning of resources for the department’s building operations budget to ensure that allocation and expenses align with departmental, divisional, and university priorities
Visionary and Strategic Facilities Planning
Provide vision and strategic planning for the Division of Student Affairs and the Center for Campus Life including
- Create short and long-term strategic plans for Campus Life operated facilities – Campus Center, Student Alumni Union, and Schmitt Interfaith Center.
- Also, coordinate the development of goals and objectives designed to strengthen RIT’s programs, activities, services, and events that promote community, individual growth, responsible citizenship, and a global perspective for a student body of approximately 19,000 students.
- Additionally, implement and maintain project management practices and software.
Building Operations and Management
Manage building operations and services for Campus Life operated facilities including
- Enforce adherence to all safety and fire regulations for buildings.
- Also, implement a maintenance plan that encompasses preventive, planned, and project maintenance that contributes to the reduction of deferred maintenance.
- Furthermore, coordinate the maintenance of all conference rooms and classroom technology.
Supervision and Advising
Provide leadership and strategic direction to two full-time employees, 1-2 Graduate Assistants, and 80+ undergraduate student employees through recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluation of the team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with Manager for Tech Crew, Graduate Assistants, and senior-level undergraduate student employees, including team meetings.
- Coordinate and manage staffing, scheduling, and resource training for the Welcome Center.
Minimum Qualifications for Vacancy for Associate Director
MA/MS degree in educational administration, college student personnel, or a related field.
5-7 years of experience in facilities and/or College Union operations and management.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and electronic communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information in accessible terms to diverse or multicultural audiences.
- Additionally, the ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships based on respect, empathy, and honesty with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential and private information and records.
- Also, experience with staff development and supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with student leaders.
- Also, demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, and evaluating programming related to the student experience.
- Furthermore, the ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in complex situations with competing priorities.
- Likewise, the ability to understand, review, and interpret legal and risk management policies, compliance expectations, and university guidelines and procedures
- Also, the ability to maintain attention to detail and task completion in a fast-paced, student-focused environment.
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.