Apply for Vacancy for Associate Professor at North Carolina Central University in the USA. The category for this application is Education – Special Education.
The NCCU School of Education offers undergraduate, graduate, licensure and professional development programs to train students to become teachers, principals, counselors, as well as serve as mentors to community schools. Also, the School offers traditional, classroom-based instruction as well as online instructions. Faculty and staff bring diverse knowledge and experience, provide students with a unique learning experience; teach in small classroom size for easier access to each other and their instructors, and employ the latest technology.
Primary Purpose of Position
The Associate/Assistant professor position is to teach graduate courses, advise graduate students, and contribute to the overall instructional quality of the academic program. Also, it is expected to coordinate the concentration in learning disabilities and maintain an active program of scholarship and service that is relevant to the practical problems and issues of schools.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of students from culturally diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with faculty from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Also, academic grounding in a field related to curriculum theory
- Evidence of a cohesive research agenda and publication record
- Similarly, successful college teaching experience
- Evidence of successful experience in leadership positions in department, college, university and professional organization levels
- Moreover, demonstrated experience with and knowledge about use of technology to support teaching and learning
- Demonstrated expertise in interdisciplinary methodologies, approaches and theories
- Additionally, teaching experience, with certification, at the PK-12 level in a state accredited school
- Record of externally funded grants
- Furthermore, demonstrated experience working with master’s and doctoral students
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Associate Professor in the USA:
- Candidates for this position should have an earned doctorate in Special Education with primary specialization in learning disabilities.
- Also, experience and research interest in reading instruction, learning strategies, diversity issues in special education and teacher education are preferred. Applicants should have experience teaching diverse populations in K-12 special education, and demonstrated potential for scholarly publication and successful teaching at the university level.
- Likewise, candidates must hold a teaching license in learning disabilities or be eligible to receive one.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.