Apply for the Vacancy for Career Specialist at East Carolina University in the USA. Interested candidates can apply for the position until 6th April 2020. The category of the position is Career Development and Services.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Conduct one-on-one career advising sessions with students that may include resume writing/critiques, interview preparation, job & internship search strategies, cover letters, correspondence, career exploration, assessments and general inquiries.
- Additionally, researching and gathering resources for the latest information on professional development, career readiness, job searching, and domestic and international opportunities.
- Also, manage and develop relevant employer relations events that align with the defined Specialist objectives and organizational initiatives.
- Assist in the research, outreach and development of contacts that have been identified through Career Services departmental objectives.
- Develop and disseminate information; promoting Career Services programs to students, faculty, and staff through a variety of workshops, written materials, and the Career Services web site.
- Similarly, conduct training, workshops, presentations, and other events to develop career planning and employability skills for students.
- Connect students to additional resources such as financial aid, vocational training, counseling and therapy services, medical care providers, or other state and local assistance as needed.
- Also, collaborate with faculty, staff and other student services divisions to help achieve university-wide goals and contribute to its long-range planning.
The candidate should meet the following criteria Vacancy for Career Specialist at East Carolina University in the USA
- Master’s degree from an accredited degree-granting graduate program. Degree must be completed prior to the August 1, 2020 start date.
- Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to interact with a diverse student, staff, and faculty population.
- Experience and proficiency with incorporating the use of technology.
- Furthermore, the incumbent should show leadership, communication, presentation, research, and organizational skills.
About the University
- East Carolina University is a public research university in Greenville, North Carolina.
- Furthermore, it is the fourth-largest university in North Carolina. Founded on March 8, 1907, as a teacher training school, East Carolina has grown from 43 acres to almost 1,600 acres today.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.