Apply for the Vacancy for Director, Library Services at Eastern Virginia Medical School. The category of the position is – Libraries.
Salary: 95,000.00 to 105,000.00 USD Per Year
The incumbent will do the given duties
- Ensures library services and resources are optimized to support the educational, research, healthcare, and service missions of its member institutions
- Additionally, he/she provides professional expertise, administrative leadership, and overall direction for the library, including strategic, financial, and space planning
- Also, cultivates relationships with the primary communities served, as well as the larger academic community, alumni, community members, business agencies, and other academic health sciences libraries to promote responsive services and create new initiatives in support of teaching, learning, research, and patient care.
- Likewise, leads library staff in developing strategic initiatives and implementing collaborative policies and programs
- Additionally, he/she actively collaborates with stakeholders to identify opportunities, programs, and resources to maintain state-of-the-art services to library users, identifying innovative technologies and solutions to address changing needs
- Also, the candidate provides primary administrative leadership for all operational areas of the library including allocation of financial resources and personnel
- Provides direct supervision to unit heads
- Provides guidance and mentorship in scholarship for library staff
- Likewise, promotes a positive work environment through transparent management practices and clear communication
MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent. Seven years of progressive experience in a managerial or administrative role in a health sciences library in an academic environment. Also, extensive experience with budget development and management.
Additionally, a second master’s degree in an applicable subject area is desirable.
Eastern Virginia Medical School is a public medical school in Norfolk, Virginia. Founded by grassroots efforts in the southeastern part of Virginia known as Hampton Roads, EVMS is not affiliated with an undergraduate institution and coordinates training through multiple medical centers in the Hampton Roads region.