Apply for the Vacancy for Director of Equity and Inclusion at Whitman College. The category of the position is Diversity and Multicultural Affairs.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion will collaborate with the VP for Diversity and Inclusion to create, implement, execute, and assess programs that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus. Additionally, the Director will also assist faculty and staff with established programs to enhance how they relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Likewise, the Director will coordinate a campus climate approach and partner with academic and administrative units to assess and improve the departmental climate.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Provide support to LGBTQIA+ community at Whitman through counseling, advising, and referral services; Collaborate with student clubs and faculty advisers.
- Also, collaborate and lead in planning and implementing a robust Greek Life experience, including but not limited to training for the community, partnership with the national organizations, and strategic alumni engagement.
- Likewise, coordinate and assess the Whitman Institute for Scholastic Enrichment (WISE), a program that aims to introduce middle school students to college life, in collaboration with the Executive Assistant for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Also, assist in establishing, implementing, and maintaining a short- and long-range campus climate approach. To include training, departmental climate reviews, and bias response protocol that support students, staff, and faculty retention.
- Likewise, develop and lead ongoing department learning outcomes and training assessment processes specifically for Staff and Faculty departments; incorporate learning outcomes into pieces of training, resources, and coaching.
- Facilitate a positive experience both academically and socially for students by providing academic and personal advising and referral services. Also, promote the retention of students of diversity and international students
- Additionally, assist the Director of the Intercultural Center in promoting and organizing programming efforts in the area of cultural and ethnic education on the Whitman campus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills in curriculum building, training, and facilitation
- Also, the ability to work with diverse campus constituencies on controversial issues
- Deep understanding of critical race theory, student development theory, and organizational change models
- Likewise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated involvement with organizations and communities relevant to this position
- Similarly, strong interpersonal and public relations skills to listen
- The ability to synthesize information, build relationships with a wide range of people and influence key stakeholders is critical
- Also, a reputation as a positive team player with a personal commitment to collaboration and integrity
Qualifications for Vacancy for Director of Equity and Inclusion
A Master’s degree required, Terminal degree preferred. The successful candidate possesses at least five years of experience in a higher education environment and is familiar with program development and assessment, advising, and best practices in promoting diversity in higher education.
Visit the official page for more information. You may also want to visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.