There is an announcement for the vacancy for the Director of Programs at Johns Hopkins University in the USA. Interested candidates can apply for the position. The category of the position is Business and Financial Services.
The incumbent will do the following duties as the Director of Programs
- Work with National Engagement Strategy leadership to proactively explore and identify proposal development and program expansion opportunities.
- Additionally, collaborate with representatives across the University to ensure that adequate resources and infrastructure are secured to support visiting national and international leaders in residence through the university’s Distinguished Presidential Fellows Program.
- Also, research and understand the current goals and past accomplishments of the participants in the Presidential Fellows Program to assist with their navigation of the JHU structure.
- Organize and execute events in Baltimore and DC – including an annual symposium at Homewood to showcase DC-based opportunities – and manage all aspects of special event coordination, security, transportation, and budget.
- Likewise, liaise with the Office of Integrative Learning and Life Design to coordinate the administration of the DC internship initiative.
- In addition to that, the incumbent will assist with administration of competitive funds to support faculty curricular and co-curricular efforts related to national engagement
- Coordinate with appropriate University communication resources to ensure the active promotion of relevant National Engagement Strategy program content for a widespread and highly influential audience.
- Furthermore, develop and maintain a website for the National Engagement Strategy.
The candidate should meet the given criteria for the Vacancy for Director of Programs at Johns Hopkins University in the USA
- Master’s degree in politics, public policy, or related field required
- Also, five years of related experience in a highly competitive academic setting, managing multiple priorities that are high-visibility, high-accountability and deadline-oriented required. Ten plus years of experience preferred.
- Furthermore, demonstrated engagement in public policy, political, or practice-based settings
- Similarly, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Also, demonstrated critical thinking and superior intellectual problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult and complex issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to foster a cooperative work environment and develop positive and effective working relationships
- Demonstrated collaborative management style applicable to staff at all organizational levels
- Additionally, the candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule to align with special events.
About the University
- Johns Hopkins University is a private research university in Baltimore, Maryland. Founded in 1876, the university was named for its first benefactor, the American entrepreneur, abolitionist, and philanthropist Johns Hopkins.
- Additionally, his $7 million bequests of which half financed the establishment of Johns Hopkins Hospital—was the largest philanthropic gift in the history of the United States up to that time.
- Likewise, Daniel Coit Gilman, who was inaugurated as the institution’s first president, led the university to revolutionize higher education in the U.S.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.