Apply for the Vacancy for Director of Purchasing at Dixie State University. The category of the position is Business and Financial Services.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Direct the procurement of University supplies and services, ensuring compliance with State of Utah Procurement Code and University purchasing policies and procedures.
- Additionally, write and distribute Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and formal bids for the procurement of goods and services.
- Also, negotiation of purchasing contracts for the University.
- Likewise, counsel and train University employees and suppliers regarding University purchasing policies and procedures.
- Additionally, direct the University purchasing card program, including training and employee compliance with policies and procedures.
- Determine advisability and feasibility of new methods and procedures for procurement of goods and services.
- Also, collect and analyze data on quality standards for services and commodities purchased.
- Approve purchase request based on budget availability and compliance with procurement policies.
- Furthermore, oversee the computerized purchasing system, including directing transitions to new systems and system upgrades.
- Likewise, perform other duties as assigned.
The candidate must meet the following requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or other related field required; Master’s degree required.
- Also, at least five years’ related experience required; purchasing experience within a higher education environment preferred.
- Likewise, a considerable knowledge of university administration, policies, procedures, contract law and language.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and fiscal management, as well as budgeting in a university academic environment.
- Additionally, the ability to communicate effectively and exercise excellent human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with university employees and the public.
Dixie State University
Dixie State University is a public university in St. George, Utah, in the state’s Dixie region. The university offers 4 master’s degrees, 45 bachelor’s degrees, 11 associate degrees, 44 minors, and 23 certificates/endorsements. As of Fall 2019, there are 11,193 students enrolled at DSU, and the university has a 80% acceptance rate. The student body is 56% female and 44% male, and DSU is in the top three for diversity in the state of Utah, with 23% of the student body being minority students.
Interested candidates can visit the official page for more information. Also, if you are in search of various career opportunities, do check out oyaop.com.