Apply for the Vacancy for Export Compliance Officer at Thomas Jefferson University. The category of the position is
- Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts
- Admin – International Programs and Services
The Export Compliance Officer will assist in the day-to-day operation and implementation of Jefferson’s Export Control Compliance program and assist in the development of the International Health Safety and Security (IHSS) program within the Jefferson enterprise. The incumbent should have an awareness of export control and IHSS requirements applicable to university research and related activities, such as international travel.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Export controls compliance processes and procedures (80%) and international health safety and security processes and procedures (20%)
- Likewise, lead the improvement of export compliance processes and procedures
- Assist with the improvement of international travel/health safety and security processes and procedures
- Work closely with the Office of Legal Affairs and the Office of Research to maintain the Export Compliance Manual
- Furthermore, conduct out reach and serve as the key liaison with stakeholders across the University to drive awareness and collaboration around export compliance and IHSS processes
- Additionally, conduct export compliance assessments of international shipments, material transfers, and non-disclosure agreements
- Research and determine commodity jurisdiction and classification of materials and technologies
- Develop technology control plans (TCP) in collaboration with IS&T and researchers, as needed, and monitor compliance
- Furthermore, prepare and manage export license applications for international shipments, technology exports, and deemed exports
- Submit commodity classification requests, commodity jurisdiction requests, requests for advisory opinions, or public comments to government agencies
- Additionally, assist with designing and providing training to the broad university community on export control regulations as well as IHSS policies
- Perform Restricted Party Screening using commercially available software and generate reports
- Also, evaluate international travel requests for export control-related issues and red flags; provide follow-up education about risks and protocols to traveler
- Also, prepare statistical data and reports of mitigated risks, screening results, and other metrics on an annual and as- needed basis
- Additionally, actively participates in professional organizations and groups such as the Association of University Export Control
- Likewise, officers (AUECO), the Ohio State Export Controls Listserve, OSAC and AWG
- Also, the candidate interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with Jefferson’s values
Thomas Jefferson University is a private university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Established in its earliest form in 1824, the university officially combined with Philadelphia University in 2017. To signify its heritage, the university sometimes carries the nomenclature Jefferson in its branding.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.