Apply for the Vacancy for Faculty Position at the American University of Antigua. The category of the position is
- Science – Biology
- Faculty – Medicine – Other Medicine
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaches courses within the department of Pathophysiology with emphasis on physiology.
- Additionally, design and conduct interactive lectures to ensure that all students possess the physiology knowledge necessary to be successful in AUA’s program of medical education including passing licensing exams.
- Also, the incumbent provides interventions with students to support the learning process to maximize their adjustment. Provide academic counseling to students on a one-on-one or small group basis.
- Likewise, he/she provides academic counseling to students on a one to one or small group basis.
- Also, participates and serves as member of committees as assigned by the Executive Dean.
- Additionally, initiates facilitates, and moderates case and problem-based learning approaches.
- Participates in on-going revisions and reviews of the curriculum.
- Writes and reviews NBME-styled MCQs.
- Likewise, prepares and evaluates student performances in order to develop strategies for student success.
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities that may be assigned by the Executive Dean
- M.D., D.O., or M.B.B.S and/or Ph.D. in Human physiology
- Also, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and administration.
- Teaching experience in a similar position within the U.S., Canada, or U.K. institution of higher education or medical training.
- Also, a record of teaching experience.
- Computer proficiency utilizing current and new computerized teaching technology and familiarity with communicating platforms such as Blackboard, Moodle, Socrative, and ExamSoft team.
- Additionally, the ability to demonstrate active teaching/learning methods.
To apply, please email a cover letter, curriculum vitae and 3 letters of recommendation to [email protected]
About the University
The mission of the American University of Antigua College of Medicine is to provide students with an excellent education that is compatible with the most innovative teaching methods available at the leading US and Canadian medical schools. At the same time, AUA is dedicated to breaking down the barriers that have prevented underrepresented minorities from obtaining medical education in the United States and subsequent licensure.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.