Apply for the Vacancy for Faculty – Sports Management at American University in the Emirates. The category of the position is Health – Sports Mgmt, Recreation, and Leisure Studies.
Job purpose: Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education:
- Ph.D. in the related field from an accredited university in the United States of America or a recognized University accredited by an American Accreditation body.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in the United States of America or internationally recognized and accredited higher education institution
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Additionally, the ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Also, a willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Likewise, excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Additionally, excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
- Critical competencies Weighting (%)
- (Must add up to 100%)
- Teaching / Class Activities 20%
- Also, Academic Advising 10%
- Research Activities 20%
- Curriculum Development 15%
- Professional Development Activities 15%
- Community Service 10%
- University Service 10%
- Expected to present research and practice-driven teaching
- Also, adapt to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Additionally, supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Also, actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Likewise, provide academic advising and guidance to the students in the program’s learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biases.
- Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Furthermore, participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignments or projects such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline, and to the community.
About the University
The American University in the Emirates, also known as AUE, is a private university located in Dubai International Academic City in the United Arab Emirates. The university was founded in 2006.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.