Apply for the Vacancy for Film Post Production Manager at Emerson College. The category of the position is Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs.
- Oversee the operation, staffing, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting (including preventative & training collateral) for the Film Facilities.
- Additionally, hires train, schedule, manage, provide regular performance reviews for student workers.
- Furthermore, perform as a liaison to the faculty within Visual & Media Arts regarding the support of the curriculum, and assist with advanced student projects.
- Also, communicate the planning and implementation of post-production needs with faculty and other employees.
- Research new software and hardware products & techniques, sharing information with relevant faculty, staff, and students.
- Likewise, provide specialized film and digital technical and operational expertise during budgetary processes.
- Similarly, works closely with other post-production managers to create a forward-thinking vision of post-production facilities, workflows, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in film and digital post-production in a professional environment.
- Furthermore, experience working with clients.
- Additionally, a high level of computer literacy on Mac and PC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Furthermore, professional mastery of 16mm film production and post-production, including Steenbeck editing, projectors, AVID Media Composer, and relevant post-production hardware/software.
- Also, extensive knowledge of various post-production workflows, including sound and image workflows, including sound and image, digital and analog, standard definition to 4k, surround sound, media and project management, editing techniques, and deliverables.
- Also, the ability to assess student employee abilities and delegate responsibilities in a way that advances student knowledge and accomplishes project goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Additionally, the ability to co-manage and thrive in a diverse workplace, as a team player, with an attention to detail.
- Service excellence orientation.
- MFA or other advanced degrees in related fields.
- Furthermore, previous experience hiring, scheduling, planning, and budgeting of volunteer or non-professional (student) workforce.
- Also, experience with planning and budgeting of post-production facility upgrades.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Davinci Resolve, Pro Tools, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Oxberry, Optical Printers, A/B negative cutting, DCP creation, Web checkout vending software and network storage.
- Knowledge of studio/facility design, installation, wiring, and equipment troubleshooting.
- Furthermore, experience with 16mm film editing and match back to negative for printmaking.
- Production experience with a variety of cameras and audio recorders.
Emerson College is a private college in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1880 by Charles Wesley Emerson as a “school of oratory,” the college offers more than three dozen degrees and professional training programs specializing in the fields of arts and communication with a foundation in liberal arts studies.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.