Apply for the Vacancy for General Counsel at Governors State University . The category of the position is Legal Affairs.
Governors State University seeks to fill the position of General Counsel.
Founded in 1969, GSU is a four-year state university currently serving 4,800 undergraduate and graduate students with degree programs that prepare them for success in business, industry, healthcare, the arts, and education. Additionally, GSU is a mission-oriented university committed to creating an intellectually stimulating community and model of academic excellence, innovation, diversity, and responsible citizenship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems and apply legal principles, facts, and precedents to a broad range of issues. Also, to effectively conduct complex legal research. Furthermore, to present statements of fact, law, and argument clearly and logically in written and oral form; ability to draft contracts, transactional documents, rules, regulations, and proposed legislation;
- Additionally, the ability to analyze situations accurately and take effective action; ability to plan, organize and coordinate with the work of others.
- Also, the ability to analyze trends in legal interpretations; ability to effectively represent GSU in various legal forums including court and negotiations
- Furthermore, the ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships, including with client representatives and colleagues
- Also, to quickly gain a working knowledge of the policies, programs, procedures, and problems unique to the academic community and particularly to public higher education.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience as a practicing attorney.
- Also, requires admission to the practice of law in Illinois or eligibility for admission via reciprocity and successful admission in the immediate future.
Required Education or Training:
- A J.D. or LL.B from an accredited U.S. law school.
- Additionally, demonstrated record of achievement in complex legal undertakings and positions requiring a high level of legal skill, judgment, ethical standards, interpersonal relations, and planning.
- Prior participation as a member of a strategic leadership team.
- Furthermore, familiarity with applicable Illinois state laws and regulatory obligations, including, without limitation, the Illinois State Officials and Employees Ethics Act, the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, the Illinois Open Meetings Act, and the Governors State University Law.
- Likewise, prior experience with legal issues in a public higher education environment.
Governors State University is a public university in University Park, Illinois. The 750 acres campus is located 30 miles south of Chicago, Illinois. GSU was founded in 1969. Furthermore, GSU is a public university offering degree programs at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels.
Visit the official website for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more information.