Apply for the Vacancy for Global Risk Manager at the University of California. The category of the position is International Programs and Services.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive study abroad travel preparedness and response strategy to promote and protect the safety and well-being of UC Irvine students, faculty, and staff when traveling.
Additionally, the selected candidate will be the expert in the Study Abroad Center on all matters related to international travel safety and security. Furthermore, the candidate will engage in outreach to promote, advise, and train on health, safety, and security overseas.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Global Risk Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in risk management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Also, demonstrated global travel risk management knowledge.
- Substantial experience in implementing and coordinating crisis response services in relation to critical situations or incidents abroad.
- Substantial experience in developing and implementing institutional global travel risk management, planning information, and training.
- Also, experience effectively coordinating and improving travel preparedness outcomes with various constituents, such as university or business institutions, police, international organizations, US State Department, US embassies, and consulates.
- Additionally, experience with international security entities and/or travel security providers, especially in international incident response situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, active listening skills, including skills to cultivate trust and build successful working relationships.
- Furthermore, written and verbal communication skills to articulate essential emergency information in a timely manner, including public speaking to present information to diverse groups and an ability to concisely present complex risk findings and make recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with study abroad and international education.
- Also, experience developing and implementing institutional travel risk management, planning information, and training for a higher education institution.
- Also, professional certification in Risk Management.
- Additionally, the ability to respond to emergencies after hours as necessary.
The University of California is a public university system in the U.S. state of California. The system is composed of the campuses at Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz, along with numerous research centers and academic abroad centers.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more information.