Apply for the Vacancy for Graduate Assistant at Eastern Michigan University. The category of the position is
- Information Technology – IT Support and Training
- Admin – Information Technology – Programmer/Analyst.
The Office for International Students and Scholars is seeking a qualified graduate student for the position of Technical Support Graduate Assistant for the Fall 2020 Semester. Under the guidance and supervision of the professional staff, the graduate assistant is to perform primary technical support as well as support customer service at the OISS front desk.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Maintain the Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) website including conducting monthly audits of the website to ensure accuracy and functionality.
- Additionally, assist the professional staff with website development.
- Oversee third-party software licenses for the office and monitor inventory of all software and office equipment.
- Also, identify and implement computer applications intended to improve office efficiency and streamline procedures.
- Assist in the trouble-shooting of office machines (computers, printers, copiers) and at times work closely with the EMU I.T. Department.
- Likewise, manage the departmental shared drive and networks.
- Provide technical assistance to professional staff during presentations, orientations, seminars, and other events as needed.
- Also, be a knowledgeable initial contact for international students requiring assistance (via e-mail, and over the telephone) and in-person (if applicable) at the OISS Front Desk.
- Represent the OISS office at special cultural functions (some evening and weekend events required).
- Furthermrother technical duties as assigned.
- Acquire a fundamental understanding of federal immigration regulations.
- Develop and improve leadership, team-building, computer application development, program planning, communication, and organizational skills in a diverse environment which supports innovation and creativity.
- Use opportunities to meet and interact with international and domestic students, faculty, and staff.
- An earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Acceptance into a Graduate Program at Eastern Michigan University. This position is best suited for graduate students pursuing a Master’s of Science in Computer Science; or computer related program.
- Likewise, experience in working with and developing creative content.
- Ability to work as part of a communications team in a dynamic environment.
- Also, demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry computer equipment up to 25lbs.
- Also, the ability to sit for long periods of time at the computer; job requires heavy concentration.
- Additionally, the ability to set up systems that may include work under desks.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.