Apply for the Vacancy for Grants & Contracts Specialist at Johns Hopkins University. The category of the position is Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts.
Provide dedicated entry-level professional sponsored funds management to the International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials Group (IMPAACT), for more than 80% of the time with specific responsibility for pre-award and post-award functions that include, but may not be limited to proposal preparation, budget development, account maintenance and oversight, billing/invoicing, reporting, compliance and closeout.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and utilize institutional policies for pre-award and post-award grant process and sponsor guidelines.
- Likewise, conduct moderately to complex award management activities, including monitoring and reconciling accounts, audits, and evaluations and reporting.
- Also, assist in preparation of grant materials for progress reports, carryover requests, and administrative supplements to include, but not limited to, creation and/or review of budgets, justifications and communicating necessary corrections to sub-recipient. A review involves accuracy, content, adherence to all relevant guidelines.
- Furthermore, review budgets and related justification for appropriateness and completeness of the content. Ensures that all applicable and indirect costs have been applied. Involves more senior members of the research team for direction, as needed.
- Also, ensure compliance in all other areas related to grant and contract management, including sponsoring organization guidelines, internal protocols, accurate protocol information within grant documents, conflicts of interest, etc.
- Similarly, setup Sub-agreement documentation including significant financial interest form, Sub-agreement information sheet, and collating multiple Sub-agreement documents.
Bachelor’s degree required, with 1 year of administrative/budgeting experience. Also, additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Master’s degree. Grants and contracts experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of accounting and budgeting theory and practices required. General knowledge and understanding of The Johns Hopkins University accounting system and related fiscal offices preferred.
- Additionally, the ability to understand when additional direction/expertise is needed on matters of complexity. Able to make decisions on a daily basis, within pre-determined guidelines and parameters.
- Furthermore, the ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Likewise, the general understanding of external Federal Guidelines and procedures regarding grants and contracts.
- Also, a general understanding of Microsoft Office programs (excel, word, etc.)
Visit the official page for more information about the position. Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.