Apply for the Vacancy for Instructor at Aims Community College. The category of the position is Fine and Applied Arts – Art.
Position: Full-time, Faculty, 9-month Academic position – Art Faculty
This is a full-time, tenure-track, benefited faculty position beginning Fall Semester, 2021.
The faculty member will conduct their assignments and co-curricular college activities in a manner consistent with the philosophy and purpose of Aims Community College as stated in the school catalog. The primary purpose of the faculty member is to teach. The faculty member is also responsible for scholarly and creative activities (professional development), and service to the college.
The following list provides detailed expectations for this full-time faculty position:
- Provide effective and high-quality instruction and assessment.
- Also, continually refine and modernize curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of Aims Community College; develop curriculum as assigned.
- Likewise, teach the following courses: Painting, Watercolor, 2-D design, Drawing, Art Appreciation
- Additionally, full-time faculty are expected to: (a) Collaborate on the creation and oversight of curriculum, (b) Support part-time faculty through meetings and answering questions, (c) Keep the department chair informed of issues, concerns, and highlights from the classroom.
- Moreover, maintain currency in your field of expertise.
- Use computer technology to enhance student learning.
- Furthermore, ensure availability to students by providing opportunities for answering questions and providing support outside of the classroom. This can take the form of formal office hours, phone call availability, synchronous chat, or other such options as long as you make availability clear to students and responsive to their needs.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Also, Diversity Statement,
- Copy of Transcripts – Official transcripts will be required if hired.
- Likewise, Teaching Philosophy
- Also, Three Professional References
Minimum Qualifications for Vacancy for Instructor
- Master’s Degree in Art, or closely related discipline, from a regionally accredited institution; in addition, 18 hours of graduate-level art credits within an 2D art/studio specialty, painting preferred.
- Also, experience teaching art studio courses at the college level.
- Ability to teach using methodologies that support a student centered learning environment.
- Computer literacy and the ability to use computer technology in classroom/lab instruction.
- Additionally, willingness to take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications or other coursework deemed necessary by the department chair or Academic Dean.
- Also, an open and willing attitude toward teaching courses in varied modalities, including online, synchronous remote and traditional face-to-face.
You can check out different types of job vacancies at oyaop.com.