Apply for the Vacancy for Medical Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, assists with planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care. This role is also responsible for the smooth function of patient flow.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries, and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Additionally, greets registered patients at time of the visit and triages patients through the patient flow process. Checks schedules and accompanies patients to exam/procedure room. Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, and preparing for exam.
- Also, responsible for maintaining a sterile environment. Ensures standard infection control precautions are observed.
- Prepares exam rooms prior to patient visits. Cleans rooms and instruments and re-stocks supplies between patients.
- Furthermore, the candidate fulfills patient care responsibilities which may include, taking vital signs, updating patient history, collecting blood, urine, and stool specimens, and assisting providers/nurses in the exam room. Inputs patient data into the practice management system.
- Also, he/she fulfills clerical responsibilities which may include, sending/receiving/scanning medical records, obtaining diagnostic reports, hospital notes & referral information, completing forms/requisitions, managing the charting process & sending specimens to labs.
- Likewise, monitors and ensures clinical equipment is functioning properly. Escalates issues to the supervisor.
- Also, regularly checks dated materials and medications for expiration dates and discards expired items.
- Approximately 1 year of related experience, preferably in a relevant specialty areas.
- Additionally, completion of a medical assistant training course that includes phlebotomy is highly desired.
- Likewise, candidates with extensive medical assistant work experience, along with phlebotomy certification may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise “people skills”.
- Furthermore, demonstrates the ability to exercise standards of professionalism, including appearance, presentation, and demeanor.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.