Apply for the Vacancy for Mental Health Therapist at Rochester Institute of Technology. The category of the position is Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to a culturally diverse undergraduate and a graduate student population that includes intake evaluations, mental health interventions, treatment follow-up, and appropriate referrals. Direct clinical service may include providing community referrals, working with student families, and campus community members. Direct service may occur in the counseling center and in embedded locations on campus.
- Additionally, complete and maintain clinical documentation (including, but not limited to, intake evaluations, clinical progress notes for individual, group, and crisis intervention sessions, psychiatric referrals, and suicide risk assessments) in a thorough and timely manner.
- Furthermore, develop and deliver mental health outreach and education programming to various campus partners, informed by clinical practice.
- Also, actively support the growing training program through possible design and delivery of didactic training seminars, supervision, and/or assistance with the design and implementation of other related training activities.
- Furthermore, assist in the acquisition and maintenance of center accreditation through the development of documented office policies and procedures, as well as department self-assessment
- Engage in campus committees and working groups as needed, along with seeking professional development opportunities
- Perform, as assigned, other administrative responsibilities associated with counseling and consultative services including, but not limited to, participating in Counseling Center and University committees and special projects.
- Also, assist with the design and implementation of Center activities and provide leadership to selected strategic initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work
- Likewise, clinical licensure in New York or license eligible; the license is expected to be complete within one year.
- Also, a minimum of five years of clinical experience in a diverse clinical setting.
- Experience providing consultation services, short-term individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, and case management and consultation services with a range of clinical issues and pathology.
- Likewise, training and experience with clients who present with complex and severe psychopathology and experience providing treatment and consultation to this population.
- Also, demonstrated ability to handle complex, rapidly changing clinical situations (e.g. crisis situations, severe psychopathology, suicide and homicide assessment and intervention).
- Furthermore, understanding of the college-age normative development and its challenges and trajectories.
- Demonstrated experience in providing culturally competent services to a diverse client population.
- Similarly, effective interpersonal skills and the ability and willingness to contribute to a team-oriented work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Additionally, the ability to work independently within a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Also, understanding of, and compliance with, the ethical and legal issues involved in the provision of clinical services.
How To Apply
You must apply for it at http://careers.rit.edu/staff.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.