Apply for the Vacancy for MRI Technologist at Weill Cornell Medicine. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Under general guidance, operates MRI equipment to assist in the safe and efficient diagnosis and assessment of patient conditions, in accordance with established procedures
- Maintains the inventory of supplies, equipment, and/or reagents. Likewise, may order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms the accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Also, assists current and new employees in the use of systems/equipment and departmental policies and procedures.
- Additionally, recognizes problems/malfunctions of equipment and may assist in making minor adjustments. Monitors appropriate service action by outside contractors. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Likewise, greets registered patients at the time of the visit and triages patients through the patient flow process. Checks schedules and accompanies patients to exam/procedure room. Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, and preparing for exam.
- Also, reviews and verifies patient identity, history, and requisition for the exam to be performed.
- Takes appropriate scans to determine areas of possible pathology. Modifies testing parameters, under direction, to ensure accurate imaging.
- Processes and archives images in accordance with established procedures.
- Also, input patient history information at the time of the exam/test into the practice management system. Scans relevant medical documentation related to the patient’s case.
- Furthermore, ensures patient safety is maintained at all times.
Approximately 2 years of experience working as an MRI technologist;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience as a registered technologist in another radiology modality may be applicable.
- Also, graduate of an approved school of radiography.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current, active and unrestricted New York State License in Radiographic Technology (RT)
- Also, ARRT Certification
- Likewise, intravenous Contrast Administration Certification in New York State
- Also, NYS Intravenous Contrast Administration Certification
- Furthermore, BLS Certification (issued by the American Heart Association)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
This position requires the occasional lifting of equipment and patients;
Additionally, this role may require working on the weekends and also the flexibility to work in the evenings
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.