Apply for the Vacancy for Physician Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Responsible for coordination and direct patient care of patients in an outpatient setting, with some inpatient coordination. This position performs medical histories, physical exams, ECGs and other clinical care and documents all findings appropriately.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Obtains initial histories and performs physical examinations. Documents clinical findings in patient medical record. Develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with supervising physician.
- Also, issues prescriptions for drugs, devices and immunizations as indicated.
- Provides health education counseling to patients and families. Answers questions about disease and treatment plan.
- Likewise, coordinates care of established patients: coordinates the ongoing care of established patients ensuring that diagnostic testing and sub specialty consultations and all follow up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
- Responds to patient phone calls, answers questions and refers questions to physician as appropriate.
- Acts as a “physician extender” during clinical encounters in both an outpatient and inpatient setting. Provides clinical services and care in conjunction with collaborating physician.
- Furthermore, establishes and maintains a clinical and research database. Assists physician with the coordination of clinical trials.
- Prescreens and triages all new patients prior to scheduling of appointments: collects relevant medical materials including scans and records from outside hospitals and physicians.
- Also, coordinates the scheduling of appointments for new patients with multiple medical subspecialties; reviews and summarizes clinical information of the obtained history materials prior to the appointment; shares same with multi-specialty care team.
- Furthermore, establishes and maintains educational materials; and supports programs for patients and their families.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Physician Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Approximately 2 years of work experience in clinical setting highly desired.
- Also, up to one year of post-degree course work and/or an internship and less than one year of previous experience may be considered.
- Prior experience with coordinating clinical protocols desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Likewise, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Also, a team oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.