Apply for the Vacancy for Pipefitter at Kent State University. The category of the position is Facilities Management.
Salary: $20.76 – $21.69 (6 moth rate)
Fabricates, assembles, installs, inspects, maintains, and repairs heating/cooling systems, piping, fixtures, and related equipment used in the control, distribution, utilization, and draining of water(hot/cold/process/utility), water-carried waste, air, gas, high and low-pressure steam distribution systems, condensate return systems, and ventilation. Reports to the Pipefitter Supervisor or other designated supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Fabricates, installs, replaces, and repairs high and low-pressure steam, water (hot/cold/process/utility), air, gas, and heating/cooling lines. Also, expansion joints, traps, regulators, bearings, valves, pumps, heaters, heat exchangers, coils, and other parts; fuses different alloy metals through precise cutting. Likewise, threading, grooving, bending, and welding. Additionally, repairs and installs environmental laboratory, kitchen, and laundry equipment; inspects and maintains building facilities and equipment. Also, performs preventive maintenance; maintains a log of repairs; digs ditches for pipe installation and repair.
- Keeps material bins in order and keeps a clean work area; fills out material and work forms for records and supplies.
- Repairs and installs insulation, chemicals, or protective coatings to piping systems and related equipment.
- May drive vehicle to pick up and delivery personnel and materials.
- Orders parts and materials, reports low supply levels to the supervisor.
- Uses a computerized work order system to track work progress and fill out daily timecards.
- Likewise, the incumbent may train and direct student employees or employees in a lower pay grade in proper pipe fitting procedures; may participate in training new employees.
- Likewise, may assist other trades as necessary.
- Also, performs related duties as required.
A minimum of three years experience in pipefitting, steam fitting, welding, plumbing, and HVAC
- Pipefitting theory, procedures, and equipment
- Likewise, welding theory, procedures, and equipment
- Fluid mechanics and transfer process
- Furthermore, heat transfer theory
- Appropriate safety practices
- Also, local, state, and federal regulations related to pipefitting, welding and plumbing codes, and OSHA standards
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.