Apply for the Vacancy for Policy Advisor at BIS in Switzerland. The name of the organization is Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Title: IAIS Senior Policy Advisor – Implementation Assessment
The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) is the global standard setting body for insurance. Our mission is to promote effective and globally consistent supervision of the insurance industry for the benefit and protection of policyholders and to contribute to global financial stability.
The primary responsibilities of the successful applicant will be to support the IAIS’ assessment activities, with a particular focus on the assessment of implementation of the supervisory policy measures of the Holistic Framework for Identification and Mitigation of Systemic Risk. The SPA IA will contribute to the design, execution and reporting of a robust jurisdictional approach to implementation assessment.
The successful candidate will rely on a rich understanding of the methodologies underpinning assessments complemented by a good grasp of the policy elements and standards of the Holistic Framework and experience in the area of practical insurance supervision.
The following are minimum requirements for all applicants:
- Extensive experience in insurance supervision and policy making.
- Similarly, strong knowledge of, and experience in, approaches to the assessment of implementation of supervisory standards and good practices.
- Good knowledge of the supervisory and supporting material developed by the IAIS.
- Also, demonstrated independence, proactivity, diplomacy and the ability to build consensus amongst diverse members and stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm, drive and energy to achieve agreed objectives in a structured and transparent manner.
- Likewise, demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, effectively and harmoniously in a small team context to achieve the successful and on-time delivery of project objectives over an extended timeline.
- Ability to work constructively with colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities within the Secretariat and within the IAIS membership.
- Also, higher education in subjects relevant to the work of the IAIS.
- Good analytical and robust drafting skills.
- Also, experience of supervisory assessment exercises, such as the IMF/World Banks Reports on the Observance of Standards and Codes (ROSC) and/or their Financial Sector Assessment Program (FSAP), or the Basel Committee for Banking Supervision’s Regulatory Consistency Assessment Program (RCAP).
- Likewise, experience in macroprudential supervision and policy development.
- Furthermore, familiarity with the business, supervision and regulation of other financial services (eg banking and securities)
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.