Apply for the Vacancy for Practical Nurse at Weill Cornell Medicine. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Under direction, assists physicians and nurses with patient care, electronic medical record (EMR) chart management and patient flow
The incumbent must meet the given criteria
- Assists with patient flow. Monitors patient arrival, escorts patient to exam room, monitors patient wait times, assists patient in preparing for exam and advises physician when patient is ready. Assists during examination if required or requested.
- Also, ensures the exam rooms are clean and ready for the next patient. Washes, sterilizes and sets up instruments and equipment, stock rooms, checks materials and medications for expiration and discards medical waste properly.
- Likewise, records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with administrative tasks which may include prior authorizations, form completion, referrals, maintaining of logs and educational materials and sending/receiving messages, mail and faxes or records, labs, x-ray reports and hospital notes.
- Furthermore, provides in-office, patient care services. Duties may include obtaining patient histories, vital signs, venipuncture, specimen collection, administering vaccines/medications and educating patients.
- Approximately 2 or more years of related clinical experience.
- Also, new grads may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be articulate and possess a professional demeanor.
Licenses and Certifications
- NYS Registered LPN License and current LPN registration
- Likewise, BLS certification, issued by the American Heart Association.
- Furthermore, Infection Control Certificate
About the University
Penn State Abington is a commonwealth campus of the Pennsylvania State University and it is located in Abington, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. Additionally, the campus is set on 45 acres (180,000 m ) of wooded land. The roughly 4000 undergraduate students (full-time and part-time students combined) are taught by a full-time staff of over 150 professors and teaching assistants.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.