Apply for the Vacancy for Program Assistant at Northwestern University. The category of the position is – Administrative Assistants.
Primarily responsible for advising on faculty, staff, student, and scholar related visa options for international colleagues. Coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations.
Additionally, the incumbent creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events. Assists with all aspects of international services including admissions, recruitment, marketing, event planning, and retention activities for international students, scholars, staff, and faculty. Manages all appointments, visas, and insurance documents for current and incoming scholars. Manages all research appointments.
Working Conditions: Occasional unusual working hours to support international researchers.
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence.
- Also, the candidate creates and maintains standard spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources.
- Likewise, he/she determines format, elements, trends, etc.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Prepares forms.
- Also, generates summary reports and statistics.
- Initiates a full range of HR actions such as new employee dept orientation.
- Resolves hiring, termination, etc. processing problems.
- Likewise, explains HR procedures.
- Additionally, directs the appointment process for all research faculty and post-doctoral researchers.
- Additionally, he/she advises the department on visa options for all international appointments and employment eligibility, including actively managing and performing specialized steps in complex visa cases.
- Also, posts and manages new post-doctoral positions in the HR system
- Initiates background checks for selected post-doctoral candidates
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Likewise, the incumbent collects agenda items and background materials.
- Furthermore, the primary point of contact for all department research appointments and visa inquiries.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Program Assistant
- A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 4 years of administrative support experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- Also, experience providing customer service to a diverse client base.
- Experience working with Foreign Nationals
- Additionally, working knowledge of graduate international admissions
- Also, general working knowledge of U.S. Immigration regulations
- A Bachelors’ degree in business along with 4 years of administrative support experience, or an equivalent combination.
- Furthermore, fluent in English with strong communication and interpersonal skills: clear written and verbal communication with demonstrated understanding of communication methods and styles; articulate clearly and concisely in a professional and hospitable manner without jargon or complicated language.
- Additionally, experience in visa processing
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.