Apply for Vacancy for Program Director at University of Maryland Global Campus in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
The Program Director works to improve domain knowledge, program currency and relevance to workplace needs within their respective area(s). Also, the Program Director also ensures consistency across courses and programs, both undergraduate and graduate where applicable, and aligned as appropriate within the Department and School and across Schools, to ensure that the student experience is relatively uniform and predictable in order to enhance student retention. Likewise, to enhance program quality, the Program Director supports academic assessment and continuous improvement, partnering with other areas across Academic Affairs and the University.
- Lead and manage a set of programs within a domain-specific School in close partnership with their University Faculty and Academic Program Coordinators.
- Also, championing program quality, consistency and growth, faculty involvement, and curriculum output.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring that the curriculum and faculty qualifications are tied to the latest versions of industry credentials.
- Likewise, works closely with the faculty who support related UMGC student clubs.
- Work closely with community college partners and other affiliated institutions.
- Moreover, manage personnel and budgets within their area to support objectives.
- Furthermore, communicate with the Department Chair, Dean, and senior academic team to build transparency, thereby enhancing trust and collaboration.
- Similarly, support UMGC’s standardized curriculum model and adjunct faculty teaching focus.
- Participate in Department, School, and University committees, as appropriate.
- Furthermore, work effectively with colleagues in Enrollment Management, Military Operations, Career Services, Human Resources, and Legal Affairs on issues critical to the growth and well-being of the School.
- Similarly, other job-related duties as assigned.
- An earned master’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related business management discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Also, at least five (5) years of experience in higher education administration, with evidence of progressive increases in levels of responsibility.
- Professional Experience in Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Additionally, ability to lead a disciplinary-focused portfolio of courses, programs, and faculty, including those currently represented in the Program Director’s portfolio as well as future additional programs.
- Likewise, ability to lead a large team, with emphasis on adjunct faculty.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills-the ability to make the complex simple and to communicate effectively with academic, technical, and administrative audiences.
- Furthermore, strong collaborator and consensus builder.
- Committed to and conversant with how to develop faculty and staff for organizational and personal success.
- Takes personal initiative-sets high standards for self and team; motivates the team to new levels of achievement.
- Similarly, creative and innovative.
- Furthermore, drives projects to completion.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities