Apply for the Vacancy for Project Manager at Johns Hopkins University. The category of the position is Information Technology – Programmer/Analyst.
Summary of the Position
The AnVIL Project Manager will provide technical expertise and oversight for the AnVIL Project, will work closely with the AnVIL Project Director and will provide direction and communication on technical development and project progress to federal funding agencies and research laboratories.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Provide technical oversight over AnVIL Project Development by directing teams developing scalable software built using Google Cloud Platform, Terra, Kubernetes, and open source software stacks.
- Additionally, provide technical oversight on system interoperability, data management, user management, and workflow execution.
- Furthermore, represent the AnVIL Project within and outside the institution on behalf of the Project Directors, including attending meetings and preparing follow-up reports.
- Additionally, participate in the development of the Center’s plans and programs as a strategic partner focused on talent acquisition, development, branding, communications, and public relations.
Human Resource Management
- Manage the onboarding process for incoming trainees and staff. Serve as the point person during the hiring and training process for overall information about the AnVIL’s organizational structure and programs, and provide information regarding expectations of conduct, attendance and communication with immediate supervisors, coworkers, and the AnVIL Leadership, as appropriate.
- Furthermore, provide expert assessment of technical capabilities of candidates with respect to a range of cutting edge cloud computing software.
- Ensure individuals are appropriately communicating with in and across teams located at geographically distant institutes to accomplish project milestones.
- Additionally, understand the goals, leadership, and development strategies of the AnVIL working groups to provide support and/or resources to help accomplish AnVIL Project goals and communicate to leadership on progress and barriers.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Project Manager
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Additionally, 5 years of related experience.
- MBA, MHP, or other related Master’s
- Also, ten years of progressive experience preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to utilize computer applications to design and develop reports and other specialized correspondence and communications; proficiency in Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, and Microsoft Office software.
- Also, the ability to use Microsoft Github and understanding of Markdown.
- Familiarity with cloud computing on Google Cloud Platform.
- Furthermore, familiarity with bioinformatics analysis, R/Bioconductor and Galaxy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with JHU leadership, faculty, staff, administrative support offices, partners and leadership and international collaborators/visitors and with the external funding agencies.
- Additionally, ability to manage diverse and successful teams.
- Furthermore, outstanding intellectual capability, problem solving skills, and ability to learn complex content quickly and apply it to project management responsibilities.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.