Apply for the Vacancy for PT Faculty at Grantham University in the USA. The category of the position is Business – Management.
The University is seeking a pool of candidates to teach doctoral-level programs. Our part-time (PT) faculty are responsible for online instruction and corresponding outreach to their students at a given time. PT faculty serve in a remote capacity. This role reports to the Associate Dean of the College of Business, Management & Economics.
Additionally, PT faculty teach courses that begin monthly. These courses are eight weeks in length and utilize the Blackboard Learning Management System. Each course week runs Wednesday through Tuesday midnight. PT faculty are given one week prior to the course start date to access and set up courses.
- Provide instruction in accordance with the University and within the scope of departmentally-defined courses, programs of study, and degrees. Responsibility includes timely interaction with students and quality assessment of student work with substantive feedback.
- Additionally, faculty will take part in shared governance of curriculum, in some instances participating in curriculum development.
- Furthermore, follow all University policies as provided in the University Catalog and Faculty Handbook.
- Participate in training on necessary technologies to facilitate courses.
- Collaborate with faculty members, staff, and administrators regarding educational technology and support services that enhance the instructional process.
- Furthermore, responsible to keep current in the field of study/area of expertise and continue to develop professionally in content, methodologies, and distance-learning strategies.
- Maintain accurate electronic records for both the learning management system maintenance as well as the University records system and submit all records when required.
- Likewise, prepare for, and personally conduct, all assigned courses.
The incumbent should meet the given criteria
- Doctorate degree or terminal degree is required. Doctoral degree in Organizational Development is highly preferred. Any Faculty teaching graduate courses must hold a doctorate degree for which they teach along with professional experience.
- Furthermore, faculty must have experiential qualifications in addition to academic credentials.
- Additionally, as part of the interview process, prospective faculty must enroll in, and successfully complete, GU900 Faculty Training Course in order to be considered to teach for the University.
- Also, all degrees must be conferred from an institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). For faculty holding degrees awarded by non-U.S. institutions, the institutions must be approved by the appropriate governmental or accreditation agency.
Work Experience and Skills
- Five years of professional experience in the business field required.
- Teaching at doctoral-level or experience in doctoral administration experience is required
- Also, academics leadership experience such as a department Chair, and with DBA development, is strongly preferred
- Likewise, online teaching experience is required.
- A student-centered instructional philosophy is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products, Internet, MS Project, course management systems, computerized assessment software, and web authoring software is required
- Knowledge of, and use of, the Blackboard Learning Management System is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with technicians and faculty
- Knowledge of distance learning educational model required
- Also, able to gather, analyze, evaluate, and integrate information electronically through both interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Additionally, able to make decisions and work independently with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.