Apply for the Vacancy for Research and Instruction Librarian at Duke Kunshan University The category of the position is Libraries.
The Research and Instruction Librarian engages with the faculty, researchers, staff, and students of Duke Kunshan University (DKU) to identify current and emerging user needs and to deliver responsive and innovative research and instructional services. The Librarian in this position collaborates with other librarians and staff to develop, provide, and promote services in support of research and teaching, informational literacy, scholarly communication, and related activities.
University Librarian, DKU
- Providing basic and in-depth reference services and research consultations in assigned academic programs at the University to support teaching, learning, and research.
- Additionally, in collaboration with other Research and Instruction librarians, preparing and implementing an information literacy course and program for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Furthermore, working with other librarians to develop and implement virtual and in-class library instruction programs and workshops.
- Also, creating and maintaining instructional materials and research guides, using appropriate learning management software, content management systems, online and mobile learning tools, new media production tools, and geospatial/data visualization information systems
- Similarly, serving as a library liaison and actively building professional relationships with faculty, students, and staff in assigned academic programs and across the University to develop research and instructional service strategies.
- Selecting and managing collections in support of research and teaching needs of faculty and students in assigned academic programs.
- Furthermore, training staff and student assistants to provide research and instruction services.
- Representing the Library on relevant university or program committees.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Research and Instruction Librarian
Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent in library and information science.
- Also, at least one year of full-time professional work experience in an academic library setting.
- Likewise, demonstrated commitment to high-quality user experience and user services.
- Experience planning and/or providing information literacy instruction or other teaching experience.
- Experience using information technologies in the delivery of reference and instruction.
- Also, with staff functions of an integrated library system or discovery layer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Strong communication, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and methods of access and discovery to scholarly resources.
- Furthermore, knowledge of information literacy/organization trends, practices, and issues.
Email: [email protected]
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.