Apply for the Vacancy for Research Study Assistant at Northwestern University. The category of the position is – Laboratory and Research.
The candidate would participate in animal experimentation including computerized testing of behaviors. Familiar with the TSE system is a plus. Brain dissection, RNA isolation and QPCR are techniques for which substantial familiarity is needed. BS degree and organizational skills are essential.
- Maintains animal colony inventory
- Also, carries out behavioral studies
- Brain dissection of rats
- Similarly, RNA isolation
- Quantitative PCR
- Also, ELISA
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data; &/or preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Likewise, performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Furthermore, completes portions of grant applications &/or documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- May train students for the above described techniques.
- Also, performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Research Study Assistant
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Moreover, the candidate must complete NU’s IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- Furthermore, must complete the appropriate IACUC and Research Safety training.
Northwestern University (NU) is a private research university in Evanston, Illinois. It was founded in 1851 by nine men whose goal was to establish a university that would serve the former Northwest Territory. Additionally, the university is a founding member of the Big Ten Conference and remains the only private university in the conference. Furthermore, northwestern is ranked among the top universities in the world by major education publications.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.