Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Staff Assistant at Rochester Institute of Technology. The category of the position is Administrative Assistants.
The School of Communication seeks candidates for the position of Senior Staff Assistant. The Senior Staff Assistant provides administrative support for the Communication graduate degree program and performs marketing, social media engagement, and event tasks to promote the School. In addition, the Senior Staff Assistant reports to the Graduate Director and the School Director.
- Compose/create letters and memos for grad program (e.g., graduate orientation cover letter, a continuation of thesis fee waiver request, graduate assistantship award letters) and send.
- Complete and submit Student Employment graduate assistant hire paperwork in compliance with RIT/CoLA policies and procedures. Serve as Kronos supervisor for COMM-MS graduate assistants.
- Additionally, provide information to potential, incoming, and current grad Communication students, including orientation information, course offerings, program and Institute policies, and registration and matriculation procedures. Provide registration assistance
- Furthermore, the thesis submission process: SSA review thesis for APA formatting compliance, have students make revisions, then return the final approved thesis document as a word document attachment to SSA.
- Work with graduate enrollment to process graduate applications; Liaison with International Student Services to make sure all international students are in status and making satisfactory progress towards their degree.
- Also, the point of contact for all paperwork related to graduate student records coming into and going out of Communication. Track academic progress and inform the Graduate Director. Create and maintain graduate student-related databases. Perform graduate student academic degree audits using SIS Student Information System-check Academic Degree requirements).
- Furthermore, work closely with Events Director/faculty point-persons for events/offices across the Institute to help coordinate arrangements for departmental and co-sponsored events/conferences and activities.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associate Degree
- Also, 3 years experience in a comparable setting
- Very organized, hard work ethic, friendly and enthusiastic
- Likewise, proficiency in online financial platforms, timekeeping and student information systems
- Proficiency in social media platforms and scheduling
- Similarly, strong interpersonal skills
- Some graphic design knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative suite
- Also, previous work in an academic environment and/or marketing or related field
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.