Apply for the Vacancy for Staff Therapist at Purdue University in the USA. The category of the position is
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Admin – Health and Medical Services
Persons in the Staff Therapist role will need to bring progressive and robust generalist clinical skills/experience. Also, they will participate in providing therapy services via a variety of modalities to Purdue students. Similarly, staff contributes to clinical service delivery through the provision of individual, couples, and group therapy; on-call services; triage; and substance use, abuse, and dependence services. Similarly, staff also provide outreach and consultation. Licensed staff provides supervision to therapists in training, as needed.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Staff Therapist
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Accepted: MSW from an accredited program, licensed as an LCSW, and two (2) years of general therapy experience, or MA or MS in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an accredited program, licensed as an LMHC, and three years of general therapy experience
- Also, must be licensed (eligible) in the State of Indiana
- Strong generalist therapy skills
- Additionally, the ability to evaluate and diagnose clients, make decisions about the urgency of clients’ problems, and design and implement appropriate therapy treatment interventions foundational
- Similarly, skills and interest in outreach and consultation
- Confidentiality and adherence to ethical practices
- Also, independent judgment and discretion
- Values around social justice and interest in multicultural counseling
- Must relate well to students, staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
- Similarly, specific interest in one or more of the following clinical areas: group therapy; substance use, abuse, and dependence issues
- One (1) year of general therapy experience
- Also, experience with young adults, specifically the college population
Purdue University is a public research university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and the flagship campus of the Purdue University system. Additionally, the university was founded in 1869 after Lafayette businessman John Purdue donated land and money to establish a college of science, technology, and agriculture in his name.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.