Apply for the Vacancy for Teacher at College of Western Idaho. The category of the position is Vocational and Technical – Fire Science. The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
Prepare students to meet the standards for firefighters set forth by the current National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications that may lead to several certifications by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the State of Idaho Fire Service Technology (FST).
- Locating information in Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Codes.
- Also, correctly don and activate the Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) in full protective clothing; use controlled breathing techniques and perform emergency procedures in event of SCBA failure; demonstrate SCBA Air Conservation; and properly inspect, clean, and sanitize SCBA.
- Likewise, demonstrate proper use, care, and inspection of fire extinguishers, tools, ropes, hoists, ladders, hoses, pump-hydrant connections, salvage equipment, and other equipment.
- Similarly, conduct various forms of search and various forms of exit.
- Force entry through a door, window, and wall.
- Also, pperform a rescue utilizing a ladder.
- Perform horizontal ventilation and vertical ventilation.
- Furthermore, advance, reload, deploy, extend, and repair an attack line.
- Additionally, attack, manage and extinguish a vehicle fire, Class A materials fire, ground cover fire, and interior fire.
- 5 years of recent, documented field experience in fire service technology.
- Proven practical experience and certification to teach the majority of the NFPA 1001, NFPA 1582, IFSAC and FST approved and required course materials.
- Also, documented experience in a variety of fire service technology career fields preferred.
- Similarly, specific teaching experience in NFPA 1001, NFPA 1582, IFSAC and FST at a fire department academy preferred.
- Likewise, the ability to lift 75 lbs.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.