Apply for Vacancy for Technical Trainer at Marshall University in the USA. The category for this job is Facilities Management.
The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) is seeking applications for a Technical Trainer in Welding for the Advanced Welding Program, an Advanced Welding Workforce Initiative. Also, the position will assist with the development and implementation of specialized curricula in welding to education. Additionally, train Central Appalachians in advanced welding methods, preparing them for the entry or advancement in the manufacturing, fossil power plant, aviation, automotive, and petrochemical industries.
- Work with manufacturers to develop trainings that allow them to meet client specific welding skill needs.
- Provide training to clients – travel required to client sites.
- Provided training and certifications to individuals seeking skills enhancement.
- Also, assist with curriculum development and delivery for students enrolled in career skills programs.
- Additionally, assisting with student pre-testing, interviews and selection; developing lesson plans.
- Instructing students on a day-to-day basis and evaluating student performance.
- Maintaining records.
- Likewise, performing preventive maintenance on shop equipment; maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Working with the RCBI industry advisory council to maintain industry standards.
- Include day-to-day interaction with all RCBI sites, pertinent day-to-day interaction with RCBI management, day-to-day interaction with local and regional customers.
- Additionally, ensure partner and industry satisfaction.
- Moreover, lead in developing and implementing appropriate procedures and processes to ensure the latest technologies are available.
- Lead in maintaining a safe and clean facility, assuring all safety procedures are followed.
- Moreover, maintaining familiarity with new and developing manufacturing processes and materials; and
- Assisting industrial sector with advanced welding techniques to develop and enhance the region’s industrial capabilities.
- Obtain and/or Maintain certifications in GTAW, SMAW, GMAW and other relevant certifications.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Technical Trainer in the USA:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in gas tungsten arc welding.
- Moreover, minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in training/workforce development programs
- Also, AWS-GTAW, AWS SMAW, and AWS-GMAW or equivalent certification
- Likewise, valid Driver license
- Bachelors or Associate Degree preferred in related field