Apply for the Vacancy for Technician, Animal Care at the University of Massachusetts. The category of the position is Laboratory and Research.
Under the supervision of the Animal Facility Supervisor or Designee, the Animal Care Technician performs a variety of duties related to the care of laboratory animals. Additionally, primary responsibilities are to maintain a clean and healthy environment for laboratory animals and observe animals for their general health and well- being. Also, the position is considered essential, and as such requires weekend, holiday, and off hour’s coverage as needed.
- Observe animal health and behavior, record and report atypical findings of the environment or physical plant. These observations include but are not limited to sick animals, maintenance problems, safety hazards, and reporting animal welfare concerns
- Also, perform animal husbandry duties; e.g., feeding, watering, cage/pen cleaning of all laboratory species
- Handle, restrain, and sex laboratory animals
- Moreover, maintain animal room records; e.g., census, sanitation, enrichment, feeding, and animal identification
- Additionally, prepare and distribute routine medications as directed; e.g., medicated drinking water or feed
- Additionally, perform routine maintenance and sanitization of rooms and associated equipment within the vivarium
- Also, operate commonly used equipment including machines used for washing and sterilizing items
- Likewise, maintain validation records of equipment and room maintenance records of assigned areas
- Also, keep assigned work areas stocked with supplies needed for routine operation of the area
- Additionally, collect and dispose of waste
- Also, record accurate documentation necessary for regulatory compliance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Also, 0-1 year of related experience
- Likewise, a valid driver’s license
- Additionally, basic computer skills e.g. familiar with Microsoft office and related hardware
- Bending, stooping, and lifting (Must be able to lift 60 lbs.)
- Additionally, use of PPE is required: scrubs, disposable gown, exam gloves, shoe covers, head/beard cover, surgical/N95 mask. Exposure to animal allergens, anesthetic gases, biohazards, radiation, MRI, and sharps.
The University of Massachusetts Medical School is a public medical school in Worcester, Massachusetts. Also, it is part of the University of Massachusetts (UMass) system. Additionally, it is home to three schools: the School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the Graduate School of Nursing, as well as a biomedical research enterprise and a range of public-service initiatives throughout the state.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.