Applications are open for the Vacancy for Travel Coordinator at the State University of New York, New Paltz in the USA. Interested candidates can apply for the position now. The category of the position is Business and Financial Services.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Audit all travel backup details required for payment for all travel expense reports in a timely and accurate way. Evaluate the report for deficiencies and correct the calculations or methodology.
- Convey changes to travelers by email or phone and communicate as necessary to resolve any discrepancies in the documentation.
- Furthermore, he/she will reject and return travel expense reports that are not appropriate and/or have already been reimbursed. If already reimbursed, follow up with faculty, staff and/or management regarding reimbursement to the institution.
- Similarly, research, interpret and appropriately apply campus, SUNY, and OSC rules and regulations to domestic and international faculty/staff/student/non-employee travel. Understand the nuances associated with travel and use discretion to justify a decision that is not clear in the travel guidelines.
- Additionally, audit travel card reconciliations to the Citibank travel card to verify charges are proper and paid receipts are submitted for each transaction. Ensure that travel card charges are appropriately identified and that reimbursement isn’t made for expenses that were already reimbursed with a P-card and/or other institutional funds.
- Also, process travel reimbursements on the SUNY financial management system in an accurate and timely fashion. Review and monitor system reports ensuring that no payments were rejected due to incomplete information or lack of funding.
- Likewise, work with campus account managers in charge of program funding exclusive of state accounts .
- Furthermore, the incumbent should understand the individual programs and disbursement of funds process so that they can ensure compliance with individual program requirements.
The candidate should meet the given criteria for the Vacancy for Travel Coordinator at the State University of New York in the USA
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field
- Also, a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise format.
- Similarly, the candidate should have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Also, strong accounting and information technology skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field
- Also, previous auditing experience.
- Contact Information: Electronic submissions required.
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
- Also, individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.