Apply for the Vacancy for an academic Job at San Mateo College in the USA. The category of the position is
- Administrative Vice Presidents
- Admin – Student Affairs and Services
Reporting directly to the College President, the Vice President of Student Services provides vision and administrative leadership for the College’s Student Services programs. The Vice President of Student Services functions in a senior administrative capacity, collaborating closely with the College President, the Vice President of Instruction, and Vice President of Administrative Services and other College administrative staff to oversee the College’s effectiveness in meeting students’ needs.
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
- Sets and pursues the vision for Student Services that focuses on student access and success, institutional effectiveness, and student engagement beyond the classroom
- Similarly, supervises and coordinates the fulfillment of Student Services goals within the strategic plan of the College and the strategic plan of the San Mateo County Community College District
- Also, develops and negotiates partnerships with other educational institutions, corporations, businesses, community organizations, and agencies
- Likewise, participates in District-wide student services program planning and review
- Develops and manages the Student Services budgets, and directs the development and implementation of selected externally funded initiatives
- Additionally, plans on both a short and long-term basis for staffing levels in Student Service areas
- Possession of a Masters degree or above from an accredited institution OR the equivalent
- Minimum of three years of management experience in student services, preferably in an accredited institution of higher education
- Also, demonstrated experience in budget development and management
- Likewise, demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and so on…
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to function as an effective leader in the administration of a comprehensive community college student services program
- Similarly, skill in serving as a visionary in finding ways to address the rapidly changing needs of students through new technology, programs, and services
- Likewise, knowledge of goals, policies, regulations, and methods related to community outreach and student recruitment, enrollment services, etc
- Also, the knowledge of current theories on counseling and advising
- Additionally, knowledge of institutional research models and methodologies
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.