Apply for the Vacancy for Web Developer at UNU in Finland. UNU-WIDER is a leading international development economics think tank. The Institute provides economic analysis and policy advice with the aim of promoting sustainable and equitable development for all. The Institute began operations in 1985 in Helsinki, Finland, as the first research center of the United Nations University.
The incumbent will must perform the following functions, based on relevant work experience:
- write code for both the back-end and front-end of the institute’s websites
- Also, collaborate with team members on major development projects
- work closely with the IT Focal Point and Communications Team in site planning, technical layout, selection, and integration of web applications
- Likewise, monitor and implement security patches on all the institute’s websites
- assist in the maintenance, upgrade, or enhancement of existing websites; carry out needs assessment for new web projects
- Additionally, perform other duties as required
Qualifications for Vacancy for Web Developer
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Also, completion of relevant secondary education
- experience in web best practices, responsive design, and current techniques
- Also, working in Git version control and the command line
- experience in Drupal
- knowledge of CiviCRM is an advantage
- Also, self-motivated, critical thinker, and the ability to thrive in a small team environment
- Similarly, strong client-services orientation with excellent communication skills to non-technical staff
- fluency in both oral and written English; knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset
- Likewise, the ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of resilience
The United Nations University is the academic and research arm of the United Nations. Headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, with diplomatic status as a U.N. institution, its mission is to help resolve global issues related to human development and welfare through collaborative research and education.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check oyaop.com for more opportunities.