]ACD is looking for a candidate with excellent analytical and organizational skills to support its work in cooperation with the MENA region.
The successful candidate(s) will work with a team of anti-corruption analysts and report to the MENA Team Leader and a Senior Legal Analyst, under the general supervision of the Head of Division.
The position is a 6 months temporary assignment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of technical assistance activities under bilateral and regional anti-corruption as well as business integrity projects in the MENA region
- Contribute as an anti-corruption and business integrity expert to technical assistance workshops and events in the MENA region
Research, analysis, and drafting
- Conduct research on anti-corruption and business integrity developments and needs in the MENA region
- Also, produce reports and other analytical products on anti-corruption and business integrity developments and needs in the MENA region
- Produce briefing material for OECD managers on anti-corruption as well as business integrity in the MENA region
- In addition, support other workstreams, including the country monitoring process, as needs arise.
Liaison, representation, and communication
- Contribute to building and strengthening the OECD’s network of relevant anti-corruption and business integrity stakeholders in the MENA region
- Also, ensure effective coordination with relevant teams within the OECD.
- An advanced university degree in law preferably with a specialization in criminal or anti-corruption law.
- Knowledge of corporate, tax, as well as accounting laws, would be an advantage.
- A minimum of three, preferably five years’ experience with policy analysis; technical assistance; and/or criminal justice practice relating to areas covered by the WGB’s work program.
- Knowledge of the following subjects:
- corporate anti-corruption compliance
- criminal investigation, prosecution, and litigation, especially in the field of anti-corruption
- prevention and detection of corruption
- Also, experience in dialogue with governments, the civil society, and/or the private sector, at expert and senior levels.
- Experience in delivering/supporting technical assistance projects in the area of anti-corruption or business integrity would be an advantage.
- In addition, experience working on anti-corruption or business integrity in the MENA region would be an advantage.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Moreover, knowledge of Arabic would be regarded as an asset.
For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important:
- Analytical Thinking
- Achievement Focus
- Drafting Skills
- Flexible Thinking
- Diplomatic Sensitivity