Dollar General is hiring an HR Assistant who will perform routine clerical duties associated with recruiting employees for the distribution center. The HR Assistant will also maintain files and records pertaining to employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs HRIS functions for all hourly employees; may run reports from HRIS.
- Maintains applicant data, records, and acknowledgment; prepares new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates and maintains confidential personnel records.
- Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, as well as employee relations.
- Also, processes applications, schedules interviews, assist with background checks, and checks references.
- Assists with reference checks, background checks, and random drug testing.
- May log and process department bills and invoices.
- Assists with new employee orientations.
- Maintains accident reports, worker’s compensation paperwork, and OSHA Logs
- In addition, maintains job postings.
- May assist with fitness center registration.
- Receives as well as distributes incoming department mail.
- Maintains office supplies.
- May act as the primary backup to Switchboard Operator.
- May order flowers, birthday cakes, etc. for distribution center employees
- Moreover, may maintain and distribute staffing reports for the distribution center.