Wattpad is seeking a digitally savvy remote Content Marketing Manager! Reporting to the Associate Director, Creator Marketing, you’ll be responsible for creating, publishing, as well as promoting best-in-class content to engage the world’s largest community of writers.
This role operates on a global level to reach aspiring and high-potential creators, who are critical in acquiring as well as creating Wattpad’s next big hit.
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with in-house and external creatives to create unique content to drive awareness of writer programs, and discovery of resources, tools, and education
- Work with designers and developers to implement a new writer resource centre, and further develop the new Creator website
- Also, Manage the planning, promotion and distribution of content, as well as ensure it’s SEO optimized
- Analyze and report on the results and impact of program content, and socialize with key internal stakeholders
- Own the creator newsletter channel, and help grow engaged audiences, ensuring content is distributed to appropriate email lists, and report on program performance (i.e. open rate, subscribes/unsubscribes)
- Moreover, collaborating with social media, performance marketing, and other internal and external teams to ensure distribution of content across Wattpad’s owned and earned channels to help establish Wattpad as the premier platform for aspiring writers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, marketing, or communications
- 4-6 years experience in digital marketing, with a focus on content marketing
- Also, familiarity with Google Analytics and other tools to analyze results of content, campaigns and user behaviour
- Excellent communication skills, an well as the ability to tailor content for key audiences
- Strong organizational and execution skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- In addition, commitment to driving meaningful marketing impact through content, and an understanding of how content fits in the marketing funnel, while continually deepening their skill set in key performance areas like SEO and content distribution
- Comfortable managing digital tools including a CMS.
- Moreover, a creative at heart with a passion for storytelling and thinking beyond the “playbook” to bring creative new ideas for growth
Bonus points for:
- A secondary language in Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, or Spanish
- Familiarity with HTML
- Competitive salary
- Mentorship and investing in your learning, and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits are fully covered by Wattpad!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly home office allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and remote work options
- Corporate discount for a gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- In addition, a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third-party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.