IT Engineer required at the office of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization). The incumbent is to vacant the position of coordinator to the joint programme “Master in HPC” performed in collaboration with the ‘Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati’ (SISSA) at Trieste. In addition to that, the incumbent is a specialist on the development of complex programs on High-Performance Computing (HPC) clusters and provides advice to scientists on how to develop proper code, set up data structures, consider various methodologies for the calculations and advice on how to manage and elaborate ‘Big Data’. Furthermore, they will be responsible for organizing workshops and training related to HPC clusters.
Provide highly-specialized technical support and advice to the ICTP scientific community on issues related to HPC programming and efficient usage of HPC clusters, including the improvement and enhancement of existing code.
Organize ICTP training activities and workshops related to data science, computing technology and software development for HPC applications.
Act as an organizer or co-organizer at ICTP activities or activities organized by other scientific organizations.
Works as Project Manager in the scientific projects where ICTP participates.
Lecture at the SISSA and ICTP joint “Master in HPC” (MHPC) and provide technical expertise to the Scientific Committee of the program.
Provide input to system design and administration tasks for the HPC cluster and contribute to the definition, selection, set-up, and management of HPC systems.
Associate with ICTP scientists in the development of requests for research grants.
Provide the relevant input in order to receive grants for computing resources on large-scale infrastructures.
Masters in Computer Science (MSc) from the recognized university
Work Experiences requirement
- minimum of two years experience in using HPC systems and developing programs through it
- experience in running and maintaining complex operations through HPC clusters
- Proven experience in the development of computational research grants
- expertise in enhanced programming techniques related to scientific computing
- caliber to undertake and manage multiple projects at the same time
- ability to communicate effectively on complex technical issues
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- excellent knowledge and fluency in the English language