There is a Job Vacancy for Security Assistant at WFP in the Democratic Republic of Congo. United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is offering the vacancy at Tshikapa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities
- Help address security threats and risks associated with personnel, facilities, operations.
- Also, write specific reports on situations and trends that could affect WFP operations
- Review/analyze security-related information (e.g., security incidents and events, security support for day-to-day activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analysis and reporting to ensure information is readily available to relevant stakeholders.
- Likewise, liaison and coordination with local government, security services and judicial authorities, the local community, UN security personnel and NGOs and other actors to facilitate access for the safe implementation of programs and to mitigate potential risks to staff and other resources.
- Additionally, help plan, coordinate, prepare and conduct field missions, including monitoring mission personnel. Also, conduct regular security assessments to support the safe and effective delivery of programs.
- Prepare detailed safety assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support safety situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Additionally, help formulate advice for the sub-office chief on security issues in accordance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Likewise, help implement all safety mitigation measures, including MOSS, to ensure compliance with standards.
- Also, manage and maintain safety equipment and identify new requirements to build capacity.
- Furthermore, he/she will ensure that all access control procedures are effective
The Assistant must meet the given criteria to be eligible for this position
Experience: have at least 5 years of experience in UN security and/or PNC/FARDC and/or private security company
Knowledge and skills: have a mastery of the computer tool, the writing and spoken reports concise and accurate. Have experience of teamwork, decision-making if need be. To be able to analyze, to report, to remain calm as much as possible during difficult operational situations.
Languages: Mastery of written/spoken French, knowledge of spoken and written English would be a major asset.
Interested applicants must complete their online applications on the WFP website: http://www.wfp.org/careers by clicking on ‘View Job Opportunities and jobs of interest’. Applicants will need to register and create online CVs in order to apply. Also, paper copies of CVs or e-mail applications will not be accepted. Make sure your application contains accurate and complete information.
Visit the official page for more information. Likewise, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities